The workshop is open to a broad range of subjects. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Patterns for enterprise and information systems architectures
- Service and value modelling
- Process modelling and process-aware information systems
- Complex event processing and event-driven architectures
- Domain-specific modeling methods and languages
- Meta-modeling and foundational ontologies
- Theoretical foundations of (enterprise) modelling
- Method engineering
- Quality of modelling methods and languages, and, (architecture) models
- Learning and teaching methods and languages
- Process mining, and enterprise mining in general
- Assisted enterprise and information systems modelling
The workshop is organized by the GI Special Interest Group on Design Methods for Information Systems (GI-SIG EMISA), which provides a forum for researchers from various disciplines who develop and apply methods to support the analysis and design of information systems.
EMISA 2023 calls for submissions in the following categories:
- PhD Research Proposals (short paper of up to 5 pages): There will be a dedicated slot in the program to discuss PhD research proposals including the current status and the further plan of the research work.
- Current Research Talk Proposals (extended abstract of up to 2 page): Proposals for scientific talks of international excellence. Eligible are proposal submissions that are based on published or accepted papers from international conferences or journals.
- Novel Directions Talk Proposals (short paper of up to 6 pages): Proposals for talks that motivate a novel research direction, outline the research gaps to address, and carve out major challenges. These talks shall serve as a stimulus for discussions as part of a dedicated slot in the workshop program.
- Case Reports: EMISA 2023 explicitly welcomes reports on real-world cases involving modelling in an enterprise context. To this end, EMISA 2023 collaboratives with other events (e.g. EMMSAD, ER, CBI, and PoEM) to gather such case reports. See www.models-at-work.org for more details.
Any manuscript should be submitted to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=emisa2023. You will have to choose the category as a topic during the submission process in EasyChair. Please, select exactly one of the topics for indicating whether you are submitting for the category PhD Research Proposals, Current Research Talk Proposals, Novel Direction Talk Proposals or Case Report.
The extended abstracts of the Current Research Talks will be published in the Digital Library of the GI (Template).
The short papers of PhD Research Proposals and Novel Directions Talk, are aimed to be published as an electronic CEUR proceedings volume (Overleaf/ZIP one column).
For the publication channel used for Case Reports, please refer to www.models-at-work.org
March 5thMarch 19th
April 2ndApril 9th
- Camera-ready copies:
April 16thApril 23rd
- EMISA 2023: May 11th and 12th